How can I renew a SSL certificate?
All SSl certificates - like all Moniker products - are pre-configured for automatic renewal. However, SSL certificates are not renewed in the conventional sense.
- Once the renewal invoice was created and paid, the issuer will send a new approver email to the respective e-mail address. After approval, the certificate can be downloaded in the Moniker interface.
- The old certificate can then be replaced by the new one.
- The renewal invoice is automatically created 10 days before the expiry date displayed in the Moniker interface.
To check the data of your certificate, please click on the corresponding certificate in the SSL section.
- In the detailed view, you will find further information such as the certificate ID, contact details or the approver e-mail.
- You can download your certificate again at any time.
- In addition to sending the new certificate to the Approver e-mail, you can also download the new certificate at this point after the renewal.
- With the button Change renewal option you can chose to delete the certificate at expiration.
- If a reissue of the certificate is required, please restart the assistant.
For certificates with complex validation, e. g. certificates for full corporate authentication or certificates with extended validation and green address bar, a complex validation process is also carried out during renewal, which must be completed completely and successfully.
Since such a validation can take several days and the 10 days planned in the system for the extension may not be sufficient, it could make sense not to renew the certificate but to set it to "expire" and to order a new certificate at an early stage.